Infertility is caused by 40% of male factors, 40% of female factors, and 20% of mixed factors.
The diagnosis of male infertility includes:
- Anamnesis accumulation (life and past diseases)
- Examination of both partners, female reproductive capacity
- Physical (external) and instrumental examinations
- Sperm analysis
- Determination of hormone levels
- Detection of urogenital infections
Genetic disorders cause male infertility in 5-15% of cases. They can be found only during in-depth diagnostics.
Major genetic syndromes:
- 46 XX karyotype
- 47 XYY karyotype
- Deletions of the Y chromosome.
In the initial diagnosis of infertility, it is clarified by what factor it occurs:
- Endocrine (anovulatory)
- Cervical (neck)
- Diseases and conditions that lead to infertility
- Abortion resulting in adhesions and accompanying with small pelvic inflammatory processes
- Endocrine diseases
- Uterine and ovarian tumors
- Developmental defects of uterine
- The following instrumental examination methods are used to diagnose female infertility
- Ultrasonography of small pelvic organs with dopplerometry (assessment of blood flow)
- Ultrasonography of the thyroid and mammary glands
- Mammography (less used in women under 40 years old because of less informative USM)
- All women with infertility undergo hysteroscopy with diagnostic pruritus. It is performed in the first half of the cycle, because the thin layer of endometrium can not hide the following causes of infertility:
- Intrauterine adhesions (synechiae)
- Developmental Defects
- Sublingual fibroids of uterine
- Foreign bodies
- Chronic endometritis, etc.
"Infertility Center" of Leyla Medical Center is at your service 24 hours a day and 7 days in a week (24/7). Your health is our value!